Tool and Die Makers work under the supervision of Tooling Supervisor, Production Supervisor and Plant Manager.
- Tooling Supervisor
- Production Supervisor
- Plant Manager
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- The ability to read part prints and to layout parts.
- The ability to read detail prints, blue prints, etc.
- The ability to show leadership in building of a die.
- The ability to be responsible for handing work out to apprentice, machinists, etc.
- The ability to develop trim edge forms to a part print.
- The ability to make a good judgment for machining of blocks.
- Maintain tooling and preventive maintenance on machinery.
- General housekeeping and cleanliness.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
Standards of Performance
- Compliance with Company policies, procedures, and expectations.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with vendors, customers, employees, etc.
- Initiative and creative thinking in decision-making and problem-resolution skills when performing job duties.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with frequent interruptions and time pressures.
- Successful performance of assigned duties within a team environment.
- Maintenance of Company information in a confidential manner.
Mental and Physical Requirements
- Ability to travel and represent the Company outside the plant.
- The ability to work overtime.
- Ability to use basic math skills and apply daily.
- Ability to solve problems in a variety of situations.
- Ability to sit or stand for an extended period of time.
- Ability to manipulate necessary plant equipment.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
Working Environment and Conditions
- Performs duties in a well-ventilated, well-lighted and temperature-controlled plant environment with some level of noise from machinery.
- Due to the nature of this business hearing protection, eye protection and safety shoes are required.
Education, Training and Experience
- High school education or equivalent.
- Completed tool and die apprentice program and minimum 6 years experience.
- Area tech school (plus).