A Press Operator works under the supervision of Production Supervisor. He/She is responsible for the day to day operation of the press and running quality parts.
- Production Supervisor
- Automation Tender
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Loads coils into feeder with assistance of the overhead cranes.
- Feeds coil into press.
- Operates press and checks parts as required by In-process Inspection Procedure.
- Completes all paperwork.
- General maintenance on press. Check lubrication, oils, and grease, etc.
- General housekeeping in press area.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
Standards of Performance
- Compliance with Company policies, procedures, and expectations.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with employees, vendors and customers, etc.
- Initiative and creative thinking in decision-making and problem-resolution skills when performing job duties.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with time pressures.
- Successful performance of assigned duties within a team environment.
- Maintenance of Company information in a confidential manner.
Mental and Physical Requirements
- Ability to solve problems in a variety of situations.
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time.
- Ability to work with plant machinery.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
Working Environment and Conditions
- Performs duties in a well-ventilated, well-lighted and temperature-controlled plant. There is some level of noise with machinery.
- Due to the nature of this business hearing protection, eye protection and safety shoes are required.
Education, Training and Experience
- High school education or equivalent.